Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's All About the Swirls! IA Challenge



Inspiration Avenue Challenge Link
Photobucket
This is the first week I've participated in the challenge at Inspiration Avenue. This week's theme is swirls, so I had fun tangling a bunch of swirly patterns - swirling! I drew this in my mini smash journal, then colored portions with my Pitt Artist Markers. Patterns include wavy border, portholes, swirls, printemps, river, and a variation of nipa. To check out all the swirls, visit Inspiration Avenue. Perhaps you 'd like to post a piece of your own artwork!

12 comments:

  1. Abstract and lovely. I love doodling swirls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i'm trying to get better with my circles - swirling is helping :)

      Delete
  2. I love the zentangle look of this! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Inspiration Avenue :) This is bright and cheerful and I love the way it swirls all over the page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i just found your blog last week - i enjoyed this challenge and look forward to another :)

      Delete
  3. Love all the playful movement here! Great depth in the section with straight rods and floating balls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, carolyn!! this was a fun piece to draw - i hope to give it a go again next time :) thanks for stopping by. and thanks for linking up with me!

      Delete
  4. This is a fun swirly piece. I love your colors and pattern choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the colors are really beautiful. Your designs integrate very nicely. I'm glad you participated in IA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you joined in this week! This is a beautiful piece just perfect for the swirl challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and the variety of tangles you incorporated into your piece. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the IA challenge :-) Lovely swirly doodle entry, imaginative & pretty.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).